Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Life on Facebook

I still remember when I started using Facebook, it was like 2004 at that time I was a Hi5 user and changing to Facebook was like updating your old 1992 Honda Civic your parents bought you to a new Mercedes I was pretty excited about it, the first thing I notice was that people used their real names unlike Hi5 where everybody used to had some short of retarded name instead.

My first weeks were full of surprises I pretty much learned everything about Facebook by myself but soon I realized that having a Facebook was more of an issue than I thought it was, at first all I did was wait for someone to comment on all the nonsense’s and weird photos I posted there.

Most of the stuff I did on FB was friend requesting people I barely knew, try to hit on girls (it didn’t work out for me), and updating my status every 5 seconds with what I’ve been doing, song lyrics, or shit about crushes, but the real problems began when I started playing those FB games those who looks silly and bored but are extremely addictive.  

My nightmare started with Farmville you know the pretty addictive game where you become a virtual farmer harvest stuff and raise livestock, I’ve spent endless hours in that game just to find out that I’ve been wasting precious time, where I could been living or doing something more productive and believe me everything you could imagine is more productive that spend days harvesting imaginary crops but by that time I realize that, I was the proud owner of a farm big enough to move my entire population of FB Friends.

After that my Facebook activities dropped down faster than a rock falling into a precipice, I went from checking my Facebook every five seconds to hardly just once or twice daily, but that was until I discovered Sims Social with my previous experience in Farmville I was more how can I say it cautious by three weeks I was bored to death.

And now I realize that Facebook is a real problem and I don’t what to people to find out about every single aspect of my life, and now like the 95% of FB users I only use Facebook every once in awhile to stalk on other people’s life, and to know what the latest gossip about people I might know.


No comments:

Post a Comment